National Genealogical Society Awards ‘Honorable Mention’ to Kentucky Ancestors Town Hall at the SLAM! Idea Showcase
This week, at the 2021 National Genealogical Society (NGS) Annual Conference, six organizations received awards during its 2021 SLAM! Idea Showcase on May 18th. The award winners were selected from among thirty-two video poster sessions highlighting innovative projects, programs, and activities benefiting genealogical researchers.
Kentucky Ancestors Town Hall was awarded ‘Honorable Mention’ and showcased on the main stage ceremony with Judy Russell (The Legal Genealogist) presiding. With this award, KHS’ library will receive a one-year library subscription to photo enhancement software from VIVID-PIX. While we haven’t yet received the software – be watching for updates as we receive and install the software in the coming weeks. This will serve as a great tool for our patrons who need to restore vintage photographs!
The SLAM! Idea Showcase is a new NGS event to promote information sharing, collaboration, networking, and collegiality among genealogical information providers. The program is sponsored by VIVID-PIX, Ancestry, and Collectionaire.
The complete list of winners for 2021:
- Louis Genealogical Society, St. Louis, Missouri: “Congregation Project”
- German Historical Institute, Washington, DC: “German Heritage in Letters”
- Chester County (Pennsylvania) Archives: “1777 Chester County Property Atlas Portal”
- Godfrey Memorial Library, Middletown, Connecticut: “Genealogy Roundtable”
- Kentucky Historical Society, Frankfort, Kentucky: “Kentucky Ancestors Town Hall”
- Louis Public Library, St. Louis, Missouri: “Rooted in Inclusion: Forgoing the Family Tree Model”
All six will receive a one-year library subscription to photo enhancement software from VIVID-PIX.